Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Last Email... 🛫🛬

     Well here it is, my last email as a missionary. The only way I can explain how it feels is just weird. This past week I've been saying goodbye to people and finishing out strong as a missionary. Saying goodbye is hard, I've really come to care about the people I've met out here and it's hard to leave now. I really can't put how I feel into words. The past two years of my life have been spent helping others and trying to help them along there path to becoming closer to Christ. I've met some awesome people and had some awesome experiences and now that it's time to go I don't know if I want to. I know my time as a missionary in the Washington DC South Mission is almost over though so it's time to move on to the next thing.
     I've learned a lot over the course of my mission, but one of the biggest things I've learned is to trust in our Heavenly Father. He knows what we need and is willing to help us in any way he can. He can make so much more of our lives than we can for ourselves, we just need to be willing to do what he asks us to do. We are where we are for a reason and we are there when we are there for a reason. Turning our lives over to God can be difficult, but it is the best thing we could ever do with our life.
     I am so excited to get home and see my family and friends again, but it's going to be really hard to leave this place. The people I've met here have made this a second home to me and seeing people change their lives and come unto Christ brings you closer to them as well. I've loved serving a mission here in Virginia and even though I thoroughly hate traffic, this place has become special to me now. I can't wait to come back out to Virginia and see all my friends out here, it's going to be awesome. First I get to go home and see my family though and I'm overly psyched about that, I can't wait!
     I love the Gospel and I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. He performed the Atonement for all of us so that we could repent, change, and make it back to him again. He does so much for us and I hope to continue to serve him and those around me in any way that I can. Thank you for all the support, the letters, emails, and packages have been awesome and have helped keep me going. Well I guess it's on to the next phase in life. Goodbye for now Virginia, helloooooo Idaho! I'll be seeing you in a couple of days!
     ~Elder Brady

Saying goodbye to people

Canigiani's
Hodgdon's
Kough's
Ashley, Tony, and Sylkia
Favero's
Maeger's

No comments:

Post a Comment