Monday, January 26, 2015


Elders Brady &  Schenk at the Iwo Jima Memorial
     Last Monday we went into DC all day with a member family that is
friends with Elder Schenk's 
family and used to live in California but
now live out here, and a pair of sister missionaries they brought as
well. We went to the Iwo Jima Memorial first and I have to say it's
probably one of my favorites so far. After that we went to the Tomb of
the Unknown Soldier and got to see the changing of the guard, that was
pretty cool. When that was over we went to the Lincoln Memorial
because one of the Sisters had never been to DC yet and wanted to see
that one. Since Elder Schenk and I have seen it multiple times already
we just sat on the stairs and watched everybody go by. This guy and
girl came up to us and the girl was like "my mom loves missionaries!"
So she took a selfie with us to send to her mom so that was fun.
Elder Schenk & Elder Brady at the
Tomb of the Unknown Soldier

     Tuesday we had an interesting District Meeting, Elder Schenk is our District Leader so it's never boring, but this one was awesome. He had
us all stand on the table and do the trust fall. It sure made everyone
lighten up and laugh some. 
     Wednesday I went on an exchange with Elder Falslev in Annandale, he goes home at the end of this transfer. We went and saw this guy they have been seeing and he asked me if I had accepted Jesus yet. Then he said if I 
need any help just come talk to him, he was an interesting guy. After that we went to dinner and then we went around all night seeing people. It was actually a really fun exchange and was better than I thought it was going to be. Plus I got to be in a car for that time so that's always a plus!
Look what I found at the Arlington Cemetery

     On Thursday Brother Carlisle came out with Elder Schenk and I on splits. We went and met with one of Brother Carlisle's home teaching families and taught them, well the kids, a lesson on obedience. Then we went and tried to see one of our investigators, but no one was home and by this time it was almost time for us to be home, but Brother Carlisle said he had something to show us. He took us to this huge oak tree in his neighborhood and it was gigantic! Schenk wrapped his arms around it, but it took him four and half times doing that to get around it. Yeah it was pretty darn big.
     It rained then snowed and then rained again all day Friday. We were pretty wet by the time we got to dinner and then we dried off a little, but dinner happened to be in the very bottom of our area. It takes us about 45 minutes to bike there. So needless to say by the time we got home that night we were drenched and more than a little cold. Our bikes were cleanish though! 
     Saturday we struck out on everybody we tried to see. It was definitely a bummer of a day.
     On Sunday we were at the church for seven and a half hours. We had a couple meetings before church and then after church we had correlation with the Ward Missionaries and the bishop. Oh the bishop is Bishop McConkie and he is related to Bruce R. McConkie! But anyway yeah so Sunday was a long day at the church and we were pretty tired at the end of the day not to mention dying of starvation. Altogether it was a good week and I hope everyone had a good week too! Love you guys! 
     ~ Elder Brady

"Ours is the responsibility to keep our lights bright for others to see and follow."

          - Thomas S. Monson

No comments:

Post a Comment