Monday, June 20, 2016

Another One Down

Golfing. Elder Hudson, Elder Shelley,
Elder Bunn, me, Elder Rammell.
     Hey hey everyone I hope y'all are doing good and had a great week this week. My week was pretty good we had a couple things come up that threw our schedule off a little bit but that happens quite a bit anyway. I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to my Dad! He's been an awesome example to me and spent so much time with me, I've learned everything I know from him and I'll always be grateful for all he does for our family. You're the best Dad!
     Alright so on Monday we did our shopping and then went golfing again and it was super fun but super expensive out here, it's ridiculous. After that we played some card games until dinner and then after dinner we loaded Elder Shelley's stuff into the truck and took him up to Tyson's. It sucks we were all only together for a week and a half but he will do awesome in his new area and I wouldn't be surprised if he came back to the office next transfer.
     Tuesday morning we had our Zone Training and they talked about how we can find new investigators and invite more people to be baptized. The mission set a goal of finding 300 new investigators this week and if we do that it'll be huge! The most we've ever found in a week was two weeks ago at 147...... Yeah it'll be huge to get 300. We had lunch and then went down to Lorton and got a load from an apartment we are cleaning out down there and took it to the storage sheds and then went to Home Depot to get a lock because one of the ones on the sheds quit working so well.
     Wednesday we spent most of the day finishing up the apartment in Lorton. While at the storage sheds we loaded two couches in the truck to take them up to Alexandria but our GPS quit working and the roads are knarly so we didn't want to try to find the places. We spent the evening in the office doing work there and getting caught up.
     Thursday morning we switched an went on exchanges with the Braddock elders. I went with Elder Hudson and we tried a couple people but no one was home. We had a dinner in Manassas so it took us a while to get there but the guy that took us out to dinner was pretty cool. He's basically a redneck of was awesome! We were supposed to meet with a member and an investigator after dinner but the investigator never showed up so that was a bummer, but we had institute to go to anyway and that was pretty cool.
     Friday morning we switched companions back and we had the office staff meeting. Like 5 minutes into it the power went out so we had the meeting in the dark! It wasn't like pitch black, it was actually fairly light because of the Windows so we could see but it was still kind of weird to have a meeting in the dark. We at lunch there in the dark too! Then we went up to Falls Church and finished cleaning out an apartment up there, got that one all done too.
     Saturday we met the Andersen's (senior couple) and helped them get a new apartment ready for a new senior couple coming in. We did a lot of moving furniture and things around making sure it was just right for Sister Andersen. After that we ran a couch and an armchair up to theLangley sisters and dumped theirs because it was in pretty bad shape. That was pretty much our day.
     Sunday at church I got to help pass the Sacrament. I've done this quite a few times in this ward and it's something I enjoy doing. When I pass the Sacrament I help people obtain and use the atonement of Jesus Christ in their lives and I cherish this responsibility. It was great. After church we had dinner with the Budd's who are an awesome family! After dinner we had a game night with them, we played Rook and Pit. We play both these games at our family reunions back home a lotand I had never played them before but I'm ready for them now, watch out here I come! It was a lot of fun and they are a sweet family, it was a good way to spend Father's Day.
     Well that was my week, it was a good week and I hope y'all had a good one too. I'm thankful for my Dad and all he has done for me and I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father. I know he loves me and that he loves everyone, every single person. He wants us to succeed in life. He wants us to be happy. That happiness is found in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, it can and will change our lives for the better without a doubt. I hope y'all have a great week this week and do something that makes you happy!     ~ Elder Brady
Elder Rammell smashing his face into a cake! 


Elder Rammell golfing with a bat!

No comments:

Post a Comment