Wednesday, September 3, 2014

En Route to Washington DC South Mission

Today was another wonderful day.  We were able to talk to Elder Brady from the airports as he was en route to Washington DC.  He called at 5:53 am and I talked with him for a few minutes, but his dad was not home from work yet as he is working his week of graveyard shifts, so he said he would try and call again during his 3 hour layover in Minneapolis. 

A very kind person loaned him their cell phone to call us as all the pay phones at the Salt Lake City Airport were being used by other missionaries and had been since he had arrived.  He was boarding the plane in 20 minutes.  I watched the plane on flight tracker as it flew from SLC to Minneapolis.

About an hour after he landed he was able to call us on his calling card and his dad was able to also talk to him.  It was great!  He said he would send us some pictures.  Yeah!  I love pictures and I think he knows that by now.  LOL  Then he needed to go get some lunch as they hadn't eaten since before they left the MTC early this morning at 3:30 am.  He said he would try and call us again once he arrived in DC which would be at about 4:30 pm EST.
Waiting at the Salt Lake airport for our first flight.
My comp and other missionaries having some fun at the airport.
Elder Brady & Elder Neyman
Salt Lake, still waiting...

Elder Neyman & Elder Brady with Snoopy.
My view from the airplane as we are descending into Minneapolis.
What an awesome view!
He was able to once again call us at about 7:30 pm (MST) from the mission home.  He told us about his flight and that it wasn't too bad.  Each leg of his flight was about 2 hours long with a 3 hour layover.  (This was his first airplane ride that he can remember the previous were when he was just a baby and when he was about 2 years old.)  The worst part was descending and getting his ears to adjust.  He told us that the mission president and AP's picked the 12 missionaries up from the airport when they arrived and then they returned to the mission home for a lasagna dinner.  When he called, they were all just having their interviews with the mission president then they would be spending the night in the mission home and tomorrow (Thursday) they would be going to get insurance stuff taken care of and also get their iPads and other stuff.  They would also meet their trainers and get their first area assignment.  We talked to him for about 20 minutes but then he had to go as it was time for his interview with his mission president.  It was so good to hear his voice and know that he was feeling much better then when we dropped him off at the MTC two weeks ago, and that he was ready go to work and serve our Heavenly Father.  We are so excited for him and so glad he chose to serve the Lord as we know he will be blessed many times over throughout his life for making this choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment