Monday, August 3, 2015

Jeffer. Is. Baptized.

     Monday we emailed and then went shopping. I'm really kind of getting sick of shopping.... Anyway after that we all hung out at our place all day again and had a relaxing day. Elder Cook and I had dinner at the Satina's house and they are from the Philippines and the food was super good! Barrett picked us up from there and we went to a "Young Adult" ministry with him and that was pretty fun. We got to meet some cool people and that's always good for us.
     Tuesday we did a lot of walking around trying to talk to people but nothing really worked out. It was kind of a bummer of a day but that happens sometimes.
     Wednesday Elder Cook had his departing temple trip so another elder that is leaving came and picked him up and his companion stayed with me in our area. Elder Lowe and I went to district meeting and that was pretty good. After lunch we headed to ward correlation and then after that hoofed it home trying to talk to people on the way. Elder Cook got back and we went to dinner at the Larsen's. Evan, a friend of Barrett's, picked us up there and we went to hear Barrett give a bible study sermon. He did pretty good and most of the stuff he said we agreed with so it was pretty cool. After that Barrett took us to Chick-fil-A and we had a lesson with him there.
     Thursday we went to an investigator's and did service pretty much all day. Then Elder Cook and I walked to the Livsey's and had dinner there. I love having dinner there because they are hilarious! Their four boys are so funny and the dad plays right along with them, Elder Cook and I were trying so hard not to laugh the whole time. It was awesome! 
English Lesson at the Meng's with Tony & Steven
     Friday Elder Cook had departing interviews so Elder Lowe came back on exchanges with me and we had some fun. When Elder Cook got back we went to the Meng's and taught some English, this time Sister Meng's aunt and cousin were there and they took part in the lesson as well. Then we had some arm wrestles with them and they thought that was the funniest thing, then they made Elder Cook and I arm wrestle and we were in a stalemate for like five minutes. Nobody could win so we quit at the same time. On the way back we checked on some less actives but none of them were home.
Jeffers Baptism!!!!
Elders Oyler, Brady, Seely & Porter, Jeffer, Elders Westover,
Robbins, Johnson, Holtby, Petersen, & McDonald 
     Saturday something awesome happened.... Jeffer Wilson got baptized!! Woot woot! Jeffer is a guy I taught in my first area when I had just barely got out on my mission and he has been investigating for awhile, but he finally got baptized! When we got back to our area Elder Cook and I gave a member lady, Mary Allen, a blessing because she wasn't doing too good. After that we went and checked on a referral we had gotten but they turned out to not be interested so we struck out on that one. Oh well you never know the good you are doing.
     Sunday we went to church and it was Elder Cook's last Sunday! It's really weird to have your companion be going home, it's definitely a different feeling than if they are just getting transferred. Anyway we taught Sister Fairchild's class and they seemed crazier than usual, but they are so fun and awesome. After church we had dinner at the Scott's and then we came back to our apartment and did some online. At the leasing office there was a big party and lots of food and dancing, I guess it was a wedding reception or something, but it was nuts.
     Well that was my week, I hope you all had a great week! I miss you guys. I hope everything is working out alright for everybody, stay happy!
     ~ Elder Brady
Upside down walk signal Face with tears of joy

No comments:

Post a Comment