Monday, December 21, 2015

Merry Christmas

Christmas Tree and Stocking...check!
     Hey everybody I hope you are doing well and having a good holiday season so far. It blows my mind Christmas is this week mainly because it just doesn't feel like it, there is no snow and it's supposed to be 70 degrees on Christmas Day! Whaaaaattttt? It's just driving me nuts, I need me some snow and cold for Christmas but it looks like the closest I'll get is rain...oh well I guess there's not much I can do about the weather.
     So on Monday we decided to do service for Brian and move our P-day to Tuesday. We helped him stack a bunch of wood and then we started a fire and just relaxed for a bit, burning a bunch of sticks that he had collected over the summer, it was nice. Later we went and got a Christmas tree so we could maybe feel a bit more Christmasy. We had District Meeting and that went pretty well, I have a pretty good district so that makes it better. We got the tree set up and the stand is a protein bottle and to keep it up we used some weights tied to the tree as a kind of anchor thing. It's pretty jenk.
     Wednesday we did some service, we helped with a move. We got the uhaul filled up at the storage unit and then went over and unloaded it at the house. It wasn't a huge uhaul so it wasn't all that bad. That evening I got to interview Ana and Sharon for baptism! It was a super cool experience and they are just awesome. Ana is Sharon's mom and Sharon is 11 and they were so excited about baptism it was awesome! 
Santaaaaaa!
     Thursday Sister Huntsman (president's wife) picked us up and took us to the doctor because Elder Coles had an appointment, so while he was back I got to talk to Sister Huntsman. She is great I like her a lot. After that we went to a Christmas party at our leasing office for residents and that was fun, I talked to some people about the church so it was cool. They also had a raffle which everyone got a ticket for free and they were giving out a bunch of gift cards and two Blu-Ray players and I just happened to win one of them. I don't know what the heck I am going to do with a Blu-Ray player, but hey I won.
     Mission Christmas Conference was on Friday and that was a lot of fun! The beginning was like a regular meeting with some speakers who all did a good job and then we had lunch. After lunch was the talent show and that was awesome and hilarious! There was a lot of good ones, the finale was a hot dog eating contest and President Huntsman won, he destroyed everyone else it was great!
     Saturday Ana and Sharon were baptized and I got to go to that so that was cool. Then we had our Ward Christmas party which was really good. It was pretty funny, there was two guys at the table next to us watching the BYU-Utah game and they would tell me scores and how much time was left, it was great. Oh and I got to sit on Santa's lap, woot woot!!
     It was the Christmas program in church on Sunday and it was really good, most of it was singing. They told the story of Christs' birth through the songs so it was cool.
     Well I hope you all have a great week this week and a great Christmas! This is one of my favorite times of year and it's a great time to show people we care. Don't get too cold back home! Merry Christmas!!!     ~ Elder Brady
Missionaries I came out with. This is the sisters
last transfer, they go home in 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment