Monday, July 18, 2016

Last Transfer....

At the Mall!
     Hey hey everybody, I hope y'all are doing good and having a great summer! It hasn't been too hot out here all though there have been some scorchers, altogether it hasn't been that bad. I'm pretty thankful for that for sure. Anyway this last week was transfers and I got transferred to a new area. My new address is :  7338 Dartford Dr.  #8, McLean, VA 22102
      Well I already wrote a little about this last Monday in my last email but I'll do it again, on Monday we went into the office to do some work there before we went and met the mission leadership. (Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders) We had MLC today and for it we all went into DC and met with Senator Orrin Hatch. We got to ask him questions and listen to him talk about his mission, it was pretty cool. It took forever to get back from that because of traffic but it was still a pretty fun day.
Saying bye to the Hodgdon's

     Tuesday was our p-day and we went into DC with the Braddock elders. We went to China Town and then went to the Mall to see the monuments. It's always sweet going to the Mall and seeing all the monuments and memorials. We got a couple things from the street vendors there too. After dinner Elder Rammell and I went to the Hodgdon's so I could say goodbye. They are a great family and I got to help them with a lot of service through my 6 moths there so I had to go say goodbye to them haha. Then I stayed up late packing because I wasn't gonna have much time the next day.
     Wednesday we went into the office to get ready for transfers, we went with Elder Andersen to pick up the U-haul and then grabbed some lunch. After lunch we headed to the airport and picked up the new missionaries. We drove in quite a few circles waiting for them because their plane was late, almost two hours, I was getting pretty tired. Finally got all the missionaries and their luggage and got into DC to see the Lincoln Memorial. President and Sister Huntsman took pictures with each of the new missionaries to send to their parents and then we headed back to the Mission Home. We had dinner, President interviewed the newbies and then we took them to the hotel. When we got back to the apartment I had to finish packing a little.
     Thursday was transfers, at transfers I helped with the training meeting and then getting luggage of the missionaries going home into the U-haul and then I found my new comp. My new area is Great Falls ward in McLean and my companion is Elder Horman from Friendswood, Texas. He has been out for a year and he's pretty cool, should be a good transfer, even if it is a one and done for me.
     Friday we did weekly planning and then did service. We helped the Robert's move some stuff for Renette, a lady living with them. She's from Cameroon and is way nice. It took longer than we expected and we were there for most of the day, we got all the stuff moved though so that's good. After we grabbed a quick bite to eat we went to the Ward Mission Leader's house so I could meet him, his name is Brother Bywater and he's pretty cool. He is a hugger though haha. He will pull you right in and hug you good.
High five!

     Saturday we did more service that again took longer than we expected. We went with Brother Jansen to pick up a swing-set. A big one. We had to take it apart just to fit it in the 17 foot Uhaul he had rented, it was ridiculous. On the way back Brother Jansen all of a sudden saw a 7/11 out of the corner of his eye, behind a gas station, in a shopping center and slammed on his brakes and turned around on a dime. He wanted a slurpee. I asked how he saw the 7/11 and he said "My Slurpee senses were tingling." Haha it was awesome! We got back to his house and they fed us dinner and after dinner we saw a baby deer in their backyard so Elder Horman and I decided to catch it. We didn't get it fast enough though and it found a hole in the fence and bounded away.
     Sunday we had Ward Council before church and then we had church. We had three investigators at church, which was awesome! I haven't had that in a long time so it was nice. We taught part of the lesson in the young women's class in third hour and it was interesting. They  didn't answer any of our questions, I guess we were intimidating or something. After church we went with Brother Rhee to give a blessing to Brother Taylor who is beginning to have dementia, it's super sad. Then we had dinner at the Rhee's and played 5 Crowns (a card game) with them, it was super fun and I won! Whooo buddy! Then we checked on a potential and while doing that we got a call from Sister Roberts asking us to come get a queen bed set out of her house and to the curb to throw away because there was bugs all over it.
     Well this week was pretty good, I'm sad I got transferred out of the office but it's kind of nice as well. I'm just a regular missionary, well almost I'm the District Leader but that's alright. I just got to learn how to be a missionary again haha, it'll be good. This area seems pretty good, the only downside is they don't have a gym! We go to the high school every morning and do stuff there on the track and football field so it's really not all that bad. I hope everyone is doing awesome and has a great week! Keep smiling.     ~ Elder Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment