Monday, August 8, 2016

Meghan got Baptized!!!

     Hey everybody! This past week was a super awesome week! We had some big things happen and got to be a part of some special things. But before I get into that I wanted to share a scripture with you that was shared with me this week.

Doctrine and Covenants 68:6
6 Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.


$200 tie at Gucci

     This scripture says it all, we don't have any reason to fear anything because the Lord is with us and is on our side. He is our best friend and will help us in anything that we happen to go through in this life. Okay, now onto the week.
     Monday was our p-day and we did the usual shopping and emailing with the McLean elders and then we went and played mini golf with them, glow in the dark mini golf, it was awesome! After that we went to a mall called Tysons Galleria and it is sooooo nice! We were walking around in shorts and t-shirts and everyone else was dressed up all fancy and nice. It was crazy, everything was super expensive! A tie was $200 or more and a suit was over $1300. It was ridiculous. It was funny though because every store we went into someone that worked there followed us around and had their eye on us pretty good. I guess we looked suspicious. Elder Horman and I had dinner with the Funn's and they are sweet! After dinner we helped someone move into the Ward with a bunch of other guys from the Ward.
     Tuesday was district meeting and I talked about working with members. Working with members is the best way we can possibly do missionary work and it is the most effective. After district meeting Elder Bigelow lost a "what are the odds" so he had to eat half a cake, it was pretty funny. We had dinner with the Robertson's and they are awesome as well, we talked a lot of football because Brother Robertson played in college so that was cool. After dinner we picked up one of the priests, Matt Favero, and went to a lesson with Meghan Torres.
Does anyone know what time it is?
     Wednesday we went to Brayden Funn's birthday party and there were a ton of non-members there. It was super fun and Sister Funn was bringing food out of the house like crazy! There was a lot of it. After that a bunch of the guys there wanted to play basketball so we went and played with them because they had non-members there.
     Thursday Elder Strawn and I went to Mission Leadership Council because we are district leaders and for some reason they invited district leaders to this MLC. They talked about training for success, using time wisely, patience, adding to your strength, and unity. It was really good but really long, at one point I had 8 watches on my arm because people kept giving them to me to put on, it was pretty funny. After lunch we went and picked up my bike from my last apartment and picked up Jonesy's bike from Ft. Belvoir. We got back and had dinner with the Robert's and then had a lesson with a less-active, Jonathon, about prayer.
Meghan's baptism!! Matt Favero baptized her.
     Friday was a good day! We did some service in the morning for a lady who is moving into our ward from New York and then we picked the McLean elders up and went to lunch. It was a little picnic at a park with three of our investigators and a member. It was MarySusan and her son, Daniel and his girlfriend, Danielle. After lunch we went and played sand volleyball with them and that was a ton of fun! After that we buzzed over to the church to start filling the font and then we went to the apartment and got cleaned up and changed into our suits. Meghan Torres got baptized and it was great! Matt Favero baptized her and the Bishop confirmed her right after because she is going out of town tomorrow. Elder Horman and I got to stand in the Confirmation circle and that was really cool. She's an awesome person and it was great to see her get baptized. It has been a long time coming for her.
     Saturday we had to clean and then we did weekly planning. We had dinner and then the priests wanted to bring more friends and play some basketball so we went and did that with them. It was super fun and got kind of intense, but it's been good because they bring their friends out and we get to meet them.
Some of the guys.
Dave and Matt Favero & Brayden Funn
     Sunday was Fast and Testimony meeting in Sacrament and it was really good, I love hearing other people's testimonies. I bore my testimony as well and I hope it helped somebody though I can't even remember what I said, hopefully that means I was being guided by the spirit. Anyway, second hour class was all about repentance and third hour was about the oath and covenant of the priesthood. It was a really good day at church. After church one of the priests, Brayden Funn, got ordained to be an Elder and asked us to be part of the circle for that, so that was cool. He's a super awesome kid and he's going to the San Francisco California Mission, speaking Tongan. How cool is that? He is half Hawaiian but that's still pretty sweet! After that we hustled to a lesson with Daniel and we taught him the Plan of Salvation. He really liked it and he said he is becoming more and more converted, but he wants to read the whole Book of Mormon before he is baptized, so I might not get to see him be baptized. He's awesome though and he really likes the church and what he is learning. Then we had dinner with the Robertson's and we played some Pirate Dice with them, it was super fun! They're great! After that we went to the Nielson's so I could see them before they leave to go on vacation because I will be gone when they get back. They had a lot of family there just like last time so it was a lot of fun.
     Well this week was an awesome week! We had a baptism which is always awesome and exciting and we got to have fun with a lot of the priest age boys. It was just a really good week and I hope you all have a great week this week! I am so blessed to be serving where I am and to be around the people that I am around, I learn and grow from them and the experiences I have every day. Trials and lessons are what shape us into who we are and how we react to them shows who we are. Then come the blessings from our Father in Heaven, he has so many he is waiting to give us, but it is up to us if we receive them or not. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so important in my life and has helped me so much. I love my Heavenly Father and I love Jesus Christ.     ~Elder Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment